A Web Link is the most common way to share your survey. Web links can be posted to a website, sent via email through your personal account or even printed out on paper (remember that stuff?). You can create as many Web Links for a single survey as needed.
Upon project creation, a Share Survey link is automatically generated (1). Additional Web Links can be created by clicking the Web Link button (2).
You can add links to your survey at any time. We discourage changes to any links that have already been shared as your respondents will no longer be able to access the link.
1. Name: The internal name of the Web Link.
2. Status: Active links will collect data. Closed links will display the Close Message (10) when the link is closed (and the survey remains open).
3. Link Protocol: Choose between Normal (http://) links and Secure (https://) links. Secure links are only available when using a default link. Paid customers can switch to a Secure SSL encrypted link, which is compatible with the Sub-Types (4) Default and Short URL.
4. Sub-Type: The Default link is available with all plan levels, while the Short link, Branded Subdomain and Private Domain are features available for paid plans and allow the greatest amount of branding.
A Default link uses surveygizmo.com as the base of the link so your link looks like this: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/123/mysurveyname
A Branded Subdomain uses a subdomain that you set up in Account Settings, to create a more customized link, like: http:/mydomain.mysurveyname.sgizmo.com/s3/
A Short URL creates a randomly generated tiny link which is good for emailing, like: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/randomnumber
A Private Domain is a completely branded link with no reference to SurveyGizmo, like: http://surveys.mydomain.com/s3/mysurveyname
5. (Optional) Vote-Protection: Set up cookie-based vote protection. This allows a single response per browser.
6. (Optional) Response Quotas: Set a maximum number of completed responses for the link. Once the quota is met, the Close Message is displayed (10).
7. (Optional) Link Schedule allows you to define a link with start and stop date.These dates will affect the Status (2) of the survey accessed via this link. Outside the the Start and Stop dates and times, the Web Link will display the Close Message (10).
8. (Optional) URL Variables: Set static URL Variables to always be passed into the survey responses from this link. These URL variables will not be displayed in the query string and will remain hidden from the respondent.
9. Language: Set the language the survey will display. The default setting of Auto will detect the language of the respondent's browser and display the survey in that language, if available in Text & Translations. You can also choose a specific language for the Web Link by selecting it from the dropdown.
10. Close Message: This close message will be displayed to respondents who access link after the Status (2) of the link is closed. If the status of the survey is changed to closed the close message specified in Setup will override this close message.